RE: [OM] Stylus Epic

Subject: RE: [OM] Stylus Epic
From: "M. Stephens" <mike1964@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 19:43:33 -0600
1. Press the flash button, an eye icon appears.  What is this mean?
-->The eye icon means that the red eye reduction flash is turned on.

2. Press the flash button again, a flash icon with a line through it
appears.  I think I have that one figured out - no flash.
-->yep

3. Press the flash button again, a flash icon appears. I think I have that
one figured out too - regular flash.
-->ditto

4. Press the flash button again, a night icon appears. I assume this is the
"night flash" feature.  What does this feature do?
-->hmmm...can't remember this one for sure - I think it changes the power
output
of the flash for dark backgrounds.

5. Press the flash button again, both a night icon and an eye icon appear.
What does this mean?
-->add red eye reduction to the above

I believe I read that this camera has a spot metering mode.  How is it
activated?  How can you tell what area is being metered?
-->push the shutter button down slightly, and it will lock focus and
exposure, the focus will be locked on whatever is in the crosshairs
in the center of the viewfinder, then you can move the camera as you
wish, while holding down the shutter button and maintain that setting.

I understand there is a remote shutter release.  How does this work?
-->you have to have the optional remote