Re: [OM] tamron 28-200 3.8-5.6 asph lens

Subject: Re: [OM] tamron 28-200 3.8-5.6 asph lens
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 02:57:19 +0100
Yo,

on Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:40:02 +0000, Peter Dixon wrote:

>ANyone know anything about this tamron 28-200 3.8-5.6 asph lens?
>Good, bad, awful? Just picked one up 'cause it was on the end of
>something I wanted (om3...). Anyone whose used one please email off
>list with any info.
>I know that one of you must have one somewhere......

I had one that I sold last year. The shots taken with this lens were
astonishingly good for a zoom with that kind of range. However, it had two
setbacks:
- As it was the first version, it would only focus down to 2.1 m - the newer
version of the lens goes down much closer. This would not have bothered me
enough to sell it, but
- the focusing action goes the other way around as compared to Zuikos - so I
would _always_ first turn it in the wrong direction which made me miss quite
a few shots in situation where fast focusing was required. This drove me
nuts and was the main reason for finally selling it.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx