[OM] Zuikoholism (WAS: TOPE updates: they're here!!!)

Subject: [OM] Zuikoholism (WAS: TOPE updates: they're here!!!)
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 16:48:54 -0700
On 8 Nov 2000, at 13:39, Timpe, Jim wrote:

> Does the natural conclusion of this thread mean that the 'recovering
> zuikoholic' can never even participate in 'social' zuiko imbibing???  One
> zuik, and your back on a steady diet, huh...

Unfortunately, that's right, Jim.  I suppose it's okay to talk about
zuikoing, so you certainly CAN remain a member of the mailing list, but
even THAT needs to be done with great caution as it's sorta like playing
with fire.

Now, I know that part of the addiction is the photographic experience.
There's no reason to give THAT up!  When you first swear off the zuikos,
a lengthy period of limiting yourself to throwaway cameras is probably
called for.  I hear Fuji puts pretty decent optics in their "disposibles" so
you  might want to try them?

Then, eventually, you can get back into non-disposable cameras.  I
suggest a wunderbrick, as I hear it's *impossible" to get "hooked" on
those!  Or, if lugging a wunderbrick doesn't sound enjoyable enough,
maybe a very-low-end digital?  The key, here, is to stay FAR away from
ANY camera product that has the letter "O" at the beginning of its
name!  Get yourself an "O" camera (or a "Z" lens), and your starting
down that very slippery path, again!

I know all this sounds like VERY bad news, Jim (and everyone else),
but that's the hard, cold facts of life!

Sorry!

Regards,

Chris
ZA President