Re:[OM] Scanning medium format 120 negs / slides

Subject: Re:[OM] Scanning medium format 120 negs / slides
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 16:27:21 -0800
Warren wrote:
>Espon has come out with a Perfection 1600?? ($300) that scans at 1200 x 2400
>with supposed Dmax at 3.2 (though many doubt the claimed stats).

John,
        I have the Epson 1200S at work with the transparency adapter.  It is
quoted at 1200 x 2400 dpi.  I do not know if this is the same unit or
not.  I am not that experienced in the details of getting the most form
the scanner, but I would be happy to do some test scans under
supervision to keep the parameters in check.
        A quick look at my recent TOPE entries will show the lack of my
abilities with both the scanner and  my OM equipment.

Contact me off list if your are interested,

Mike Butler
Dublin, California