Re: [OM] Bouncy bouncy

Subject: Re: [OM] Bouncy bouncy
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 22:00:37 -0800
On 8 Nov 2000, at 21:38, Garth Wood wrote:

> At 09:20 PM 11/8/2000 -0700, I wrote:
> >Testing, please ignore.
>

> Sorry, folks.  I sent the above message to get around Shawn's new
> spam-blocking setup.  Unfortunately, my main mailserver (one of many from
> TELUS PLAnet, a reputable ISP throughout Western Canada) is listed as an open
> relay in the ORBS database, so I c
an no longer send messages to this list
from that mailserver.

> Fortunately, I have my *own* mailserver, which doesn't allow relays.
> Something everyone oughta own.  ;-)
>
> ***SIGH***  The things we do to try and stop spam...

No worries, ORBS testing has been removed. It was only an
experiment to confirm the nasty rumours I've heard about ORBS.
Now that I've seen it in action, things can return to normal. I am still
doing MAPS testing, so you may get a bounce, and if you do, you
should forward it to your ISP. MAPS is fairly responsible, so if the
server is listed by them it's probably for a good reason.

Shawn Wright, I.T. Manager
Shawnigan Lake School
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright