Re: [OM] macro

Subject: Re: [OM] macro
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:29:11 EST
In a message dated 11/10/00 4:29:14 AM Central Standard Time,
P.Bernad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hello again,
>
>  Another beginer question. Is there any possibility of doing decent macro
>  photography without selling the car to get a lens?
>  Thanks
The 50 F3.5 suggestions and auto extension tubes are an excellent intro to
macro photography. An additional suggestion is a non Zuiko lens, specifically
the Vivitar 100 F3.5 macro. I bought this lens last year at a camera show ( I
know, how many Olympus lens mount lenses is enough. Answer: one more than
you've got.) and it ha proven to be very sharp. Definitely not in the Zuiko
build category, but available new for about US$125.00. Also, it uses 49mm
filter threads.  Good luck.

Gary Faulkenberry