RE: [OM] macro

Subject: RE: [OM] macro
From: jowilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:49:35 -0600
>===== Original Message From olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx =====
>On 10 Nov 2000, at 10:16, P Bernad wrote:
>
>> Another beginer question. Is there any possibility of doing decent macro
>> photography without selling the car to get a lens? Thanks
>
>Get a set of extension tubes.  Non-OM manual tubes are the cheapest,
>then Olympus manual tubes and, finally, if you have the money
>Olympus auto tubes

I have Vivitar auto tubes, which come in a set of three, and are of course
much cheaper than the Oly auto tubes. I don't have them before me, but the
shortest tube is I think 12mm.  The Oly 7mm tube would be useful for close
macro focusing WA lenses.  The odd sizes of the Viv tubes are OK for most
things (I've used them mainly for closer focus with the 200/4 and 300/4.5),
but I suspect the sizes offered by Oly were conceived more appropriately for
the OM system.  I'm going to need to buy at least a 7mm tube, so I wish I'd
just gone after a good set of Oly tubes in the first place.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA