Re: [OM] Moderate Contrast Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Moderate Contrast Lenses
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 19:06:08 GMT
Toni, try any of the single coated Zuikos. Generally, they'll probably have somewhat lower contrast than their multi-coated counterparts.

That's why I'm pleased with the 75-150/4 zoom, and the SC 50/1.8 - for my OM use, which consists mostly of documenting old structures incorporating petrified wood, I wanted moderate contrast so that details in the grain, pores and crystals would be rendered equitably. These lenses have done an excellent job for me.

Likewise, I'd probably choose a single coated lens for portraits - tho' that's a very personal matter.

Check Gary Reese's lens test site. He thoroughly documents many single- and multi-coated versions of Zuikos, with comments on each. He even comments on specific Zuiko and third-party lenses in which high contrast comes at the cost of resolution. You won't find a more comprehensive or authoritative source of lens info on the web.
Lex Jenkins
"Don't worry about everything 'cause nothing's gonna be alright."
- Casey Lechmanski

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:10:06 -0200
From: "Toni Campos" <sinclair@xxxxxxxxxx>

I'd like to know if any list's member can shows me lenses with moderate contrast from the Zuiko's...