Re: [OM] (OT) Acer Scanwit Woes Again

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Acer Scanwit Woes Again
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:29:10 +0100
: I've tried  installing the Acer scsi card in several slots, no go. Took it
: out and tried using the Acer with the Umax's scsi, no go. Would you just
put
: it into another computer (I have a couple older ones around) and say
"#@!#@
: it" or am I missing something??

If you want to use both the Umax and the Acer you definitely want a quality
card like the Adaptec 2930 that allows 7 external or internal devices to be
chained, instead of those slow el cheapo cards that come 'for free' with the
scanner and only support the device they're made for. Of course it's
impossible to have both cards installed simultaneously.
A fast modern SCSI card will typically also have a wider support for modern
operating systems.
Also make sure you have the latest SCSI support for your operating system -
under Win95 for instance my Nikon LS-30 would not work until I downloaded
the latest SCSI drivers.
The fact that Win98 does not recognise your cards speaks for itself.
It's very well possible that the card will work in a slower pc running under
win95, this certainly is worth trying.

hnz