Re: [OM] (OT) Acer Scanwit Woes Again

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Acer Scanwit Woes Again
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:42:14 EST
In a message dated 11/10/00 2:55:13 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx writes:

> I've tried  installing the Acer scsi card in several slots, no go. Took it
> out and tried using the Acer with the Umax's scsi, no go. Would you just
> put
> it into another computer (I have a couple older ones around) and say "#@!#@
> it" or am I missing something??
>
> Any sage words of wisdom would be appreciated. Acer support is useless.
> Sad Sue

Susan:

I am using a home-built PC: Tyan Trinity S1590S motherboard, AMD K6-2 450MHz
CPU, 256Mb PC-100 SDRAM memory, W98 2E. I installed the SCSI card that came
with the Acer. For convenience, I had to place it in the PCI slot closest to
my AGP video card. W98 wouldn't recognize it as a Plug and Play device; but
when I did the Install Program routine via the Control Panel it copied the
drivers off the CD and installed with no problem. Worked first attempt.

Any chance you have an IRQ conflict?

Robert