Re: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #1957

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #1957
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 09:01:25 GMT
Francois Rossi wrote:

>I'm French, living in the UK,

I hope you can swim - you'll need to with our weather ;-)

>- - what would the 250 film back, loader and cartridges cost second-hand (any
>currency) ?
>
>- - what second-hand dealers would UK list members recommend ?

Francois,

I can only respond to these two questions with a suggestion: that you visit
the web pages of MXV (www.mxv.co.uk) and Ffordes (www.ffordes.com). These
are probably the two best-stocked secondhand Olympus dealers in the UK.
Their prices are fair, but turnover on in-demand stock is fast. One of the
staff at MXV says she has known things go out of the shop within hours of
coming in, never mind getting onto their (irregularly updated) website.
Ffordes claim to update theirs daily now.

There are other dealers who are fine, I'm sure, like Solo
(www.solophoto.co.uk) and Quiggs (in Glasgow). Buy a copy of the weekly
magazine Amateur Photographer for an idea. The two I mentioned are always at
the top of any regular shopper's list. I check the Oly web pages of these
two regularly, even when I don't even have the money to buy anything. To
quote an old TV gameshow, "see what you could have won!".

When you buy a 250 film back, make sure you get some of the film holders
that go with (in) it - they are nigh impossible to find separately. You may
like to search the OM list archives for more on this subject.

Simon E.