Re: [OM] What to do with damaged 135 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] What to do with damaged 135 lens
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 08:36:29 GMT
Sounds like you have the makings of a very good portrait or romantic landscape lens, Dan. Why not just dedicate it to that purpose?

An optician probably could polish the front element for you to minimize the scratches, altho' this may further change the characteristics of the lens.

Personally, I wouldn't bother trying to repair it. I have an old generic preset 135/3.5 T-mount lens that I love for portraits and its bokeh.

Finally, keep hunting for a basket-case Zuiko 135/2.8 - one that has been given up for dead due to a sluggish diaphragm, etc. As long as the front element is in good shape and the price is right.
Lex Jenkins
"Don't worry about everything 'cause nothing's gonna be alright."
- Casey Lechmanski

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:08:53 -0500 (EST)
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Some time ago I got a Zuiko 135/2.8 lens...the front
element of the lens is severely damaged with lots of
little scratches...giving a very soft focus, which
I don't mind.  But there is very little contrast.