Re: [OM] NiCd vs. NiMH; cookies

Subject: Re: [OM] NiCd vs. NiMH; cookies
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:34:37 +0800

Garth Wood wrote:

> Yeah, Fujifilm and Sanyo are typical examples.  I have six AA NiMH's (two
> Fujis and four Sanyos) which I use in a digital camera (*not* an Olympus, but
> for a very specific reason).  Using ordinary alkaline or even Nicads are a
> very short term solution for this camera -- they have the capacity, but not
> the ability to sustain the high drain rate required by the device.
>
> Garth

Ni-cd also has very low internal resistance, that means they can
discharge at a very high current. The problem is Ni-cd has lower
capacity under the same physical case when compared to Ni-MH. The
highest Ni-CD AA I have are Panasonics 1000mAH. I'm using Sanyo 1600mA
and GP1500mA for my C2000.

C.H.Ling