Re: [OM] OM-PC sticky shutter magnet

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-PC sticky shutter magnet
From: rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ruediger Betzold)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 02:40:28 +0100 (MET)
> Looks like my OM-PC has the dreaded sticky shutter magnet problem. Is it
> beneath the floor of the mirror box, and how can I get to it without a
> complete disassembly?

I asked nearly the same question around October 25
Subject "oily curtain magnet", I already know then how
to get there...
in short:
look from the front at the body. you see the bottom of the
mirror box. there is a small vertical part from the bottom
of the mirror box to the bajonett mount.
this vertical part is (was at least at my OM PC/40) glued with two
little drops on the left and right side to the bottom of the mirror box.
If you could look from the side this looks like this:

bottom of mirror box
-----------+  ---+                the '*' are the glue drops
           | *   |
           +---  | this is
                 | the little          front of body
                 | vertical part

You have to loosen the vertical part carefully.
the magnet is then under the left side of the mirro box
(looking from the front of the body into the box)

hope my little ascii art helps

Rudy
        Berlin/Germany