RE: [OM] NiCd vs. NiMH OT

Subject: RE: [OM] NiCd vs. NiMH OT
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:37:44 -0700
At 09:12 PM 11/12/2000 -0600, Chip Stratton wrote:
>I suspect the most important factor in life of NiCad and NiMH cells is the
>quality of charging they get. Most probably die from overcharging, not
>'memory' effect. And the slower the charge, the more cycles you will get out
>of them - which should be about 500.
>
>The most sophisticated chargers are microprocessor controlled and monitor
>battery voltage, temperature, and charging time to arrive at a proper charge
>and avoid over-charging. Surprisingly, these kinds of chargers aren't
>horribly expensive if you know where to find them.

[snip]

Okay, I'll bite -- where do you find them?

Garth

"Risk management is not a cost, it's a way to make money.  If one organization
can manage its risk better than another, then it will be more profitable.
Smart companies embrace risk, look for more of it, and figure out how to do
business in the face of it."

   -- Bruce Schneier
      Counterpane Internet Security, Inc.