Re: [OM] Moderate Contrast Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Moderate Contrast Lenses
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 00:09:24 -0800
"C.H.Ling" wrote:

> I can't agree with the use of ND filter will reduce contrast, ND
> filters should reduce brightness of scene proportionally,

Not so I think. All an ND filter does is to slow the rate at which the
available light passes through the lens system from the outside world
onto the film in the camera. The quality of the light per se is
preserved. The use of an ND filter prompts the use of a slower shutter
speed and / or a larger aperture.

jh