Re: RE :[OM] WIDE ANGLE ZOOM

Subject: Re: RE :[OM] WIDE ANGLE ZOOM
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:00:56 EST
In a message dated 11/13/00 11:28:07 AM Central Standard Time, WKato@xxxxxxx
writes:

> I've heard that some of these are susceptible to lens element separation.
>  Take a close look through the lens before buying. I checked one out a
while
>  back and was not satistisfied with the less than 2x range. I have no idea
>  about distortion.
>
>  Warren
I've got this lens and despite its' limited focal length range, have found it
very useful. I use it and the Tokina 80-200 F2.8 to cover volley ball
matches. The lens does show some vignetting when used wide open. Distortion
is about average for wide angle zooms, but not as low as most Zuiko prime's.
It focuses to about 13". The lens was tested in the February 1992 Popular
Photography magazine with outstanding results. One other thing to test for is
slow aperture blades. Three of the four Tokina ATX lenses I've purchased over
the years have required a CLA to repair this problem.

Gary Faulkenberry