Re: [OM] Wherewith Leica wheregoes Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Wherewith Leica wheregoes Olympus
From: "C. Hertzler" <hertzler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:58:08 +0200

And Winsor wrote:
> I doubt that Leica sells many 'flexes. Even if the world's best
> SLR(Oly) did not exist, I can't imagine buying one by Leica.  An M6,
> possibly, but some other maker for a capable SLR that is not sold like
> diamonds or mink coats, i.e., the more expensive it is, the more
> desirable. A tool not a collectable.
>
> Winsor

Meanwhile that Leica Photography message got corrected (on
Leicas Web page): Leica Photography is not an official organ of
Leica. They misunderstood a remark of the Leica boss,
commenting on the general transition in photography towards
digital. Now they declared Leica will keep to the SLRs.
Leica makes money with the M-series but not with the R.  I can
understand why- in my opinion the R8 is a terrible brick. I never
saw any reason in using a Leica SLR, the lenses might be very
good, but their are others, which are very good as well. And the
bodys were never very convincing.
 The M6 on the other hand is a very nice camera. I have one, which
is a nice addition to my OM cameras. And I have an adaptor to use
some of my Zuiko wide angles on it...

Regards, Christoph