Re: [OM] Bright focusing screens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Bright focusing screens?
From: ZuikoholicRI@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:26:42 EST
Cc: frankrad4@xxxxxxxx
In a message dated 11/14/2000 12:47:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
frankrad4@xxxxxxxx writes:

> I would like to try a brighter screen than the one that came with my
> OM-4.  I mostly have trouble when focusing on groups of people indoors.
> What screen should I try?  I know Olympus makes a 2-13 and 2-4 and then
> there are Beattie screens which are more expensive.  Are the Beatties
> much better?  .

Frank,

I've never used a Beattie, but I'll vouch for the Olympus screens. I have
both the 2-4 and the 2-13. They are a significant improvement over their 1-x
counterparts in my OM-2S and OM-4. They are also cheaper than the Beattie.
They also seem to be on back order more often than not.

I've considered a Beattie because I've become too accustomed to the 1-10 I
keep in my OM-1 - I really like a grid. I've heard the grids in the Beatties
are a little coarse and crude, though.

Hope this helps,

Paul Schings