Re: Hardware fetish (long), was Re: [OM] Jane Bown

Subject: Re: Hardware fetish (long), was Re: [OM] Jane Bown
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 03:05:57 -0800 (PST)
Simon Evans wrote:

(snip) . . .  but above all I want to be me. I just want to take
photographs. Success to me is being happy with my images. Consulting
lens tests to identify the 'best' aperture to use on a lens is
getting it the wrong way around . . . (snip) . . . Perhaps I'm on the
wrong mailing list...?
Simon, thank you sincerely for those inspiring words (meaning the
entire posting, not just the bits I've quoted above). Frankly, I agree
that this list could probably benefit by being more balanced between OM
content (which, admittedly, is its declared raison d'être) and
photographic content. I know there are some great photographers on this
list but we do tend to have rather more technical than artistic
discussion most of the time.

I'm one of those who get carried away, at times, with thoughts of the
equipment itself when I should be thinking of what I'm trying to
achieve with it, so your words strike a chord with me, at least. (My
excuse is that Oly has such a terrific OM system.) I don't think you're
on the wrong mailing list at all. We need more of this kind of
contribution, not less!

Regards,