Re: [OM] RIng flash and bellows

Subject: Re: [OM] RIng flash and bellows
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:47:21 -0000
John Palmer wrote:
> ...I've just got hold of an Oly bellows unit (in lovely condition,
> complete with box, DCR and instructions :) ). Is there a way to mount
> a ring flash when using the lens in the reversed position? The "back"
> of the lens mounting panel doesn't appeare to have a filter thread. Or
> are you so close to the subject in that configuration that the flash
> would fry it anyway?

I think the ringflash output would 'miss' the subject at that range, at
least I think my Centon ringflash would. While waiting for my 50/3.5 macro
Zuiko to arrive, I tried my old 135/3.5 on my bellows and the results were
excellent. I may try it, unreversed, with my ringflash, which I also didn't
have at the time.

Lots of 'new' stuff from eBay to play with and not enough time because I
keep taking Kievs out for walks. I now have three - it seems that it doesn't
stop at Zuikoholicism...

Regards,
Keith Berry