Re: [OM] Re: pie pan flash reflector

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: pie pan flash reflector
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 21:40:30 -0500
Yeah, you are so right. Portrature, this is not. But.... This, as well as
the others was just a quick and dirty to show the direct results of the
'flash in the pan' diffuser. I think in each instance, the diffuser
performed well. It's hard to beat the price to performance ratio! I was
using an OM-G, Fuji 'Superia' (Japanese for Contrasty?) and a T32 on auto.
I will attempt some portrait shots with, perhaps, even some composition and
planning a little later. If anyone else is tinkering with this diffuser
design, I'd like to see some results!

The recipe is easy!  1. eat a pie. 2. wash the pie pan and styro plate. 3.
round out the bottom of the tin pan. 4. crimp the plate and pan together. 5.
cut a hole to fit your flash head. 6. line the cut area with duct tape. Use
some rubber bands to tether the rig to the flash. I left a flap of aluminum
wrapped in duct tape to give me something to band to the flash unit. Thanks
to Lex for the inspiration. I told some photography friends about it at
work. They just shook their heads and called me McGuyver... again.  Must be
the duct tape. (but they liked the pics).

Perhaps we need a pie plate special TOPE!

-Mickey