Re: [OM] M15 nicad pack

Subject: Re: [OM] M15 nicad pack
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:13:28 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 dinkar.jhalera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In the past someone on the list suggested a way to
> remove the circular disc on the switch assembly to get to
> the nicads inside. Can someone remind me of what to
> use. I tried to use cellulose thinners and it did not
> soften up the glue inside but I ended up with black
> paint coming off in my hands!

That was probably me.  I usually start with methanol, if that doesn't work
I move to heptan and then finally acetone.  Usually one of those three
will break down the glue.  Be very careful with heptan and acetone when
working around plastic parts.  It can dissolve some plastics.  BTW, methanol
is perfect for removing the "goo" which remains when cleaning out the old
light seals.
                                        -mark