[OM] Advice needed for DisneyWorld, Florida

Subject: [OM] Advice needed for DisneyWorld, Florida
From: Arnab Banerjee <arnabkb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:28:31 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,
Planning to make a trip to DisneyWorld (Florida)
around the first week of December. Heard that all the
kids are in school then so should be the least crowded
time of the year. Have browsed thru quite a few
guidebooks, but could not find any useful photography
tips. So to all the list members who have been to
Orlando ? any pointers?

First, how do you manage the camera and lenses in the
theme parks when you go on rides? Strap them on and
hold on for dear life? Or leave the cameras somewhere?
(Lockers?). What has been your experience?

Next, what would be good to take? A wide or tele? Or
just take one body with an all purpose 35-70? But if I
don?t have a tele, I might miss out on a few wildlife
shots in the Animal Kingdom. On the other side, lug a
tele and miss out on all the rides? Or leave my OM
home and take just a point and shoot ? (not relishing
this prospect)

Third, what are the photogenic spots in an around
Orlando? Cypress gardens? (the cypress trees?)
Worthwhile making a trip to the everglades for a day
at the cost of missing out a theme park? Any
photogenic beaches nearby? I have to have a tourist
guide image of a Florida sunset with some silhouetted
palm trees :-)

All and any advice welcomed.
Arnab.
Toronto, Canada.