RE: [OM] Advice needed for DisneyWorld, Florida

Subject: RE: [OM] Advice needed for DisneyWorld, Florida
From: "M. Stephens" <mike1964@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 21:40:40 -0600
We went to DisneyWorld two years ago.  I bought
a photo backpack specifically for the trip.
Big mistake - I should have never brought so much
gear with me that I needed a backpack!  I think
I carried 2 bodies, 35-70, 85, 135, 200, 75-150,
T32, and the video camera, as well as accessories.
I would suggest bringing a camcorder, and
a wide-standard zoom like the 35-70 with one body,
and the point/shoot for backup, and a flash.
That really should do it, if you want to go
light.  At the wild Kingdom you might miss a few
wildlife shots, but in reality I didn't see enough
wildlife there to justify a tele for the couple
of pics that I used the 200 for.  The main thing
is that you are on the go all day long, and
you won't use most of the gear that you bring in
the park, and if you are changing lenses, bodies,
etc, you'll miss most of the good photo ops anyway
as they are spontaneous at an amusement park!
Go light, have fun, and hopefully capture some of
it on film.
Also, I wouldn't recommend doing 4 days in a row
at the parks like we did.  Next time we'll do
2 days at the park, take a day break and then a
2nd two days at the parks.

We were with some friends and all of our kids,
so there was always someone there to watch my
gear if I wanted to jump on a ride.  Some rides
I did carry my camera, though, to take cool
action photos.

Hope this helps.
Mike