Re: [OM] Diopters, Glasses, etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] Diopters, Glasses, etc.
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 06:24:31 -0800 (PST)
  Greetings Mike; my personal expierience with Oly,s
eyecup 1 w/drop in diopter or eyecup 2 with built in
diopter has not been good. The problem is that none
I've tried has stayed on the eyepiece, they tend to
work their way up and quitely fall off. Over the years
I've lost 3 of them that way, a total of about $80. I
finally took an older pair if my glasses and cut out a
11x16mm(approx) section out of the center and by
careful trim and fit was able to press fit these into
the eyepiece of my OM-1. I bevelled one corner so that
I could easly remove it so as to clean any dust that
works its way betyeen the corrective lens and the
eyepiece. This has worked fine for me for the past 3
years and if you have an older pair of glasses sitting
around the house it might be worth a try.
John (squinty) Robison
--- Motor Sport Visions Photography