[OM] Leonids (Violin music, please....)

Subject: [OM] Leonids (Violin music, please....)
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 09:39:08 -0700
I'm not sure what luck others had getting photos of the Leonids meteor
showers, but our luck was poor last night.  (Sigh!)

Anywhere near Edmonton was covered with clouds, so we ended up
driving about a half-hour east of Edmonton to get out from under the
"blanket."  Finally found a spot that was dark 'nuff and open 'nuff (lotsa
bush east of here!).

It was not-so-cold temperature-wise (-3C or thereabouts), but a hefty
wind made it seem *much* colder.  Fumbling around in the dark with
small flashlights, and getting the equipment all set-up and positioned
was a rather chilling experience.  I managed to spill the spare batteries
and some lens caps out of my bag while digging for the cable release,
so that added another couple of minutes of late-night groping to the fun.

Finally, we were set-up, so we popped back into the car to warm-up
before starting the shoot.  Had a cup of french vanilla cappacino (sp?)
and a donut (oh, okay...  three!) to prepare my aging bod for the cold.
While that was happening, we watched a few (half dozen or so) meteors
streak across the sky.

So, now we're fully prepared and ready to start.  Out of the car and into
the cold wind we go.  I manage to get one (count 'em....  ONE!) shot
before the clouds start rolling in.  Within five minutes, the shoot is over!

(SIGH!!!!)  I think I stick with flowers, scenics and buildings!  (SIGH!!!)

Regards,

Chris