Re: [OM] Diopters, Glasses, etc. and Lasik

Subject: Re: [OM] Diopters, Glasses, etc. and Lasik
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 20:24:58 -0600
On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 08:40:18PM -0500, WKato@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > > PS. I saw an ad for $499 per eye last week for Lasik surgery.
> >  Oh .....my.....God................where??
> Why pay more to ruin your eyes? Riverside, Calif. in a throwaway paper.

FWIW, I discovered I'm not a candidate for LASIK, dammit. My glasses include
a fair amount of prism in the right lens to correct a moderately severe
tendency to turn in and up and take a few seconds to turn back enough to
make the two images mate up. (Hyperphoria and esophoria, I believe he said.)
At any rate, while they can correct the nearsightedness and astigmatism, I'd
still ahve to wear glasses...so I decided not to bother. This was at a place
that did not advertise their low, low price, either.

Oh well, I have better places to spend that $5K...just wish I could convince
the HR folks that an OM-3Ti and a 35-80/2.8 is a legitimate medical expense
that I can pay for out of my pre-tax medical account...