[OM] ....... snake skin.....

Subject: [OM] ....... snake skin.....
From: "tmlee" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 13:39:15 +0800
>I'm having a problem with re-assembling the selftimer on my OM-1, so I'm
>going to have John H. do CLA at the same time that a new skin goes on. The
>self timer lever has to come off in order to get the skin on or off. I
don't
>know how Morgan did it, but I give up....

On the OM4Ti, the little round leather on the timer knob is to be peeled
off, revealing a screw underneath..... Unscrew it and the knob comes off
with a spring (careful here)......

BTW, snakes and lizards are fine
>out in the wild, I just don't think they make very worth while pets, hence
>my lack of attachment to them...I prefer small furry mammals as pets, thus
>I'm more attached to thier fate.....I've bought 2 skins from Morgan so far,
>maybe more in the future if he stops making them in the near future. I'd
>like to see a skin made from baseball glove type (or similar) leather for a
>"user" type of camera because it doesn't get slippery when wet.

Mine U see is exactly that.... its cow leather, very thick before it was
skived down to size..... the lizard motif, well, they stamp that pattern on
it...... its not genuine lizard skin , the craftsman said its not nice to
work on...... calf leather is still the best....

Its tan in colour, not so dark as in the pic, looks better on the black R7
than the champagne OM4Ti.....

Sure, it'll
>get dirty in areas where your skin oil gets on it, but that's part of the
>charm of a "user" type of camera, it ain't no glass case queen....

Yes, its breathing skin, it gets your sweat, it gets that seasoned look
after a while.... its charming......

plus....

if U tire of it, U can change to another exotic skin.....

Peace
TMLee