Re: [OM] Notice of revocation of independence.

Subject: Re: [OM] Notice of revocation of independence.
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:53:49 -0600
Here's a reply I saw on IBM-MAIN...

Date:         Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:41:51 -0500
From: "Metz, Seymour" <smetz@xxxxxxx>

Thank you for your unilateral annexation of the US. Since we outvote you,
there will be a few minor changes once we take over the House of Commons.

1. The institutional known as "English cooking" will now be a capital
offense.

2. You will immediately stop using the letter U in the word "color"

3. HRH will immediately go into family counseling.

4. We are replacing GSTQ with the 2nd and 3rd verses of TSSB.

5. You are no longer allowed to play soccer without posting a bond to cover
the costs of post-riot repairs.

6. The declaration of war against Quebec is hereby nullified. If Canada
wants a war against Quebec, let them do their own fighting.

7. The declaration of war against France is hereby nullified. The Italian
grape farmers will have to do their own fighting.

8. You have 90 days to reconstitute the D'Oyle Carte Opera Company, on pain
of having HRH forced to play the role of Buttercup.

9. You will now drive on the right side of the street

10. You are no longer allowed to call private schools "public schools"

11. French is now required for graduation from public schools and
universities.

12. All beer must now be served chilled

Again, I thank you for returning us to, and putting us in charge of, the
fold.

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz