Here's a reply I saw on IBM-MAIN...
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:41:51 -0500
From: "Metz, Seymour" <smetz@xxxxxxx>
Thank you for your unilateral annexation of the US. Since we outvote you,
there will be a few minor changes once we take over the House of Commons.
1. The institutional known as "English cooking" will now be a capital
2. You will immediately stop using the letter U in the word "color"
3. HRH will immediately go into family counseling.
4. We are replacing GSTQ with the 2nd and 3rd verses of TSSB.
5. You are no longer allowed to play soccer without posting a bond to cover
the costs of post-riot repairs.
6. The declaration of war against Quebec is hereby nullified. If Canada
wants a war against Quebec, let them do their own fighting.
7. The declaration of war against France is hereby nullified. The Italian
grape farmers will have to do their own fighting.
8. You have 90 days to reconstitute the D'Oyle Carte Opera Company, on pain
of having HRH forced to play the role of Buttercup.
9. You will now drive on the right side of the street
10. You are no longer allowed to call private schools "public schools"
11. French is now required for graduation from public schools and
12. All beer must now be served chilled
Again, I thank you for returning us to, and putting us in charge of, the
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
> -----Original Message-----
> From: James Smith [SMTP:james.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 10:06 AM
> To the citizens of the United States of America,
> In the light of your failure to elect a President of the USA and
> thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of
> your independence, effective today.
> Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchial
> duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories. Except
> Utah, which she does not fancy. Your new prime minister (The Rt. Hon.
> Tony Blair, MP for the 97.850f you who have until now been unaware
> that there is a world outside your borders) will appoint a minister for
> America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate
> will be disbanded. A questionnaire will be circulated next year to
> determine whether any of you noticed.
> To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the
> following rules are introduced with immediate effect:
For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
< This message was delivered via the Olympus Mailing List >
< For questions, mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
< Web Page: http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html >