[OM] 28-200 zoom lenses

Subject: [OM] 28-200 zoom lenses
From: "Dinkar Jhalera" <dinkar.jhalera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 22:41:05 -0000
Jim,

I had the same idea early this year and got a Tamron 28-200 f3.6-5.6 lens.
It is quite a chunky lens compared to a Zuiko.  I thought I could take this
lens on my trips abroad as some of the airlines are sometimes applying the
hand luggage rules rigidly to limit at 6kgm (at least here in the UK) though
currently British Airways is a bit relaxed.

The results are not that bad most of the time and compared to any Zuiko lens
I have used on occassions focussing can be a bit difficult to judge. Some of
the results I have got back have been a total surprise as what I believed
was foccused correctly had turned out to be out of focus.  This may be
because my eyesight is not what it used to be when I was younger as I now
need reading glasses.  I am seriously thinking of taking Zuiko 35-105 on my
next trip as I find focusing much easier on this lens and feels less bulky
in hand.

Dinkar Jhalera