Re: [OM] Diopters, Glasses, etc. and Lasik

Subject: Re: [OM] Diopters, Glasses, etc. and Lasik
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 18:31:46 -0800
In a message dated 11/18/00 4:14:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx writes:

 As photographers who know that you only have two eyes, and you cannot
replace

  them on eBay, you should know this is not for you. We treasure what we can
  see and do not take it for granted.

  Of the box now..
  Susan

  Susan Steele
  Virginia USA

Thank you Susan for your most sincere advice. I love the diversity of this
group. PS. I saw an ad for $499 per eye last week for Lasik surgery.

Warren

Admittedly, it was during the eye surgery before Lasik, but I heard an interview on the radio here in LA talking about the wonders of the radial keratomy eye surgery. The sharp interviewer commented on the fact that the doctor touting the surgery was wearing glasses and she asked him why he had not had the surgery. The first thing he blurted out was, "I could not do that. My vision is my life". He tried to undo the damage after that, rather unsuccessfully.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA