Re: [OM] Ilford SFX200 film and OM pressure plates

Subject: Re: [OM] Ilford SFX200 film and OM pressure plates
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:30:12 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:56:40 -0800 (PST), Eric Pederson wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I am interested in playing with Ilford SFX film and concerned about the
>note in the Olympus FAQ
>(http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html):  "the
>pressure plates on OM cameras are dimpled.  These dimples act like little
>mirrors (yes, something anodized gloss black is *very* reflective in IR :)
>to focus the light, thus giving you little spots on your negatives."

You shouldn't have any problem. I've used this film, HIE, and EIR on
my various Olympi (1n, 10, 4T) with absolutely no dimple problems. To
be extra safe, some users take a piece of MF backing paper and tape
it to the pressure plate, but I haven't found that necessary.
--
B.B. Bean               bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Peach Orchard, MO       http://www.beancotton.com/bbbean.shtml