Re: [OM] Olympus OM Way.

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM Way.
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:33:59 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Look at
> http://www.alibris.com/cgi-bin/texis/searcher/++6eHP1t9wwww/results.html
>
> Are these prices real or fake?
> Why the big difference?

I'm certain all those prices are real.  I know for a fact the first one is
since I just bought that copy :-)  Alibris is reselling it and adding a hefty
fee to the original bookstore price.  I bought it directly from the bookshop
in the UK for about $100US.  I suspect they are adding a similar profit margin
to the $585 and $625 copies.  The $625 one is probably the $500 Pawprint copy.
I've never heard of anyone paying more than $175 for a copy so I really
doubt that those $500+ prices will ever be met.  Most copies sell in the
$75-$150 range.  I think Pawprint started this ridiculous pricing on the
Mannheim book when they saw how quickly people would pay $150 for it.
Some bookseller feel it's better to price things reasonably and actually
sell books rather than keep them on the shelf forever :-)
                                -mark