Re: [OM] RIng flash and bellows

Subject: Re: [OM] RIng flash and bellows
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:04:21 -0000
Bellows advice from HansvV:

The thread inside the bellows lens plate obviously is female. I've
found the
original posting from earlier this year, made by Phillip Franklin.
It's
Series VI (6), not VII. So you need an adapter with male S.VI on one
side
and female standard thread on the other side, preferrably 49mm or
55mm,
otherwise you need a standard threaded step-up ring as well. Because
the
power connector for the modelling light of the T10 gets in the in the
way,
you'll also need at least one thick glassless filter to be used as an
extension ring to move the flash further away from the front plate; if
you
want to use the modelling light you'll need a couple of these filters
make space for the power plug.

Thanks again Hans. It all sounds like rather too much trouble -
particularly with the need to move the flash forwards to make room for
the cables etc. If you're that close you could end up with the subject
inside the ring and the flash behind it! I think I'll just stick to
magnifications where the lens works the right way round.

John