Re: [OM] Zuiko 35mm vs. Medium Format

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 35mm vs. Medium Format
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:48:37 EST
In a message dated 11/19/00 12:52:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> All you 35 f2.8
>  owners, you can come out of the closet, be proud!

I have a greatly finely detailed shot of Lake Silverwood in the San
Bernardino mountains (that I can't find at the moment) taken with the 35/2.8
@ f8 that really surprised me with the detail and contrast. But I will take
the Pentax 645 45mm/2.8 over it any day. For what I shoot (slides on Velvia)
the larger format always lets me print bigger. It the subject matter has
strong graphic aspects and strong color, then 35mm is fine. But for landscape
for some reason, when there are finely detailed conifers, grassed, detailed
sand grains, texture on rocks, etc. ,only a larger format will work well.

Warren