RE: [OM] Tamron interchangeable lens mounts

Subject: RE: [OM] Tamron interchangeable lens mounts
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:25:54
My OM T-mount adaptor, mostly aluminum (al-you-min-ee-um, for HRH) but good enough to do the job, needed some minor modification to fit properly. The lens mount release button terminated in an overlength screw. When mounted the screw length prevented the mount from locking securely - the entire lens would rotate and threaten to dismount during focusing. Some judicious shortening with a moto-tool and jeweler's file fixed it.

Some T-mount lenses are serious bargains, especially if you can tolerate the unfashionable 135mm tele (zillions of those abound). Tele primes in the 200-500mm range are sometimes smaller and a bit lighter than their fixed mount counterparts. I'm pleased with my T-mount teles - a 135/3.5 Lentar and 300/5.6 Vivitar. The latter is a terrific lens, much more studily built and easier to focus than the more common 400/6.3 and 500/8 presets. I've heard the T-mount wide angles weren't particularly good but I haven't tried any. It may simply be that few SLR wide angles from that era (late '60s-mid '70s) were any good, T-mount or fixed.

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:58:44 -0500
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>

Some T mount adapters are junk, look carefully.