RE: [OM] RIng flash and bellows

Subject: RE: [OM] RIng flash and bellows
From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:04:46 +0100
:It all sounds like rather too much trouble -
:particularly with the need to move the flash forwards to make room for
:the cables etc. If you're that close you could end up with the subject
:inside the ring and the flash behind it!

You're probably right regarding the highest magnifications. But according to
the magnification table of the bellows (also available on the eSIF) the lens
to subject distance with the standard lens (1.2/1.4/1.8) mounted in reverse
varies from 7.8 cm to 4.7 cm (lens set at infinity). When the front of the
flash is mounted (assumingly) at 4 cm from the bellows front plate and the
minimum effective flash distance is about 2 cm, you should still be able to
extend the magnification from 1:1 to 2:1.

I've been able to get the T10 to work even with the manual versions of the
38mm and 20mm macros, and the T10 attached to the PM-MToB (I glued a filter
ring on it). With the 20mm lens it worked to about half bellows extension,
i.e. 7:1 and a lens to subject distance of 2 cm.

hnz