Re: [OM] ........which Metz......

Subject: Re: [OM] ........which Metz......
From: "tmlee" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:29:32 +0800
Dear Brian.......

>34CS-2 can be used, but not for OM TTL.
The Metz website said that this flash is made for non-AF cameras..... What
cameras did they have in mind regarding this....... ?

Why did they create such a flash ? no SCA adapter, no nothing ,..... what
was the design intent ?

>It is also a slave unit and has 2
>slave trigger modes.  GN is ~34 in meters, 92 in feet.

This should be useful...

>The S-S2 would be
>used as a Auto-only flash, no TTL for OM, but 3 variable apertures to
>select.  Covers 24mm-85mm.  The TTL mode is only for use with other Metz
>flash units that have the special triggering circuitry(40,50 series).

Whats a S-S2 ? Don't recall seeing this model .......

>The AF-3 would not offer you any advantages, since it has built-in adapter
>for Nikon, Cano, Pentax or Minolta, NOT OM.

I guess the AF3 is out of the picture.......

What would U recommend ........ something small......

Peace
TMLee