Re: [OM] Focusing at infinity - 75 / 150 zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] Focusing at infinity - 75 / 150 zoom
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:53:50 EST
John,
It is a relatively simple job to readjust the focusing mechanics of the
75-150 zoom lens. I do not remember the specifics, but it is nicely detailed
in one of Thomas Tomosy's books on camera repair. I don't remember which book
(book 1 or book 2), but you should be able to find it in your local library.
Probably the screws that hold the adjustment of the focusing barrel have come
loose thru vibration or otherwise. If I remember there are two places where
adjustments are made. You adjust one and it throws the other out of
adjustment and you have to adjust it. Back and forth until both adjustments
are correct. It really was simple and took only a few minutes, but get the
book and follow the instructions.

Regards, Paul Connet

John Hudson writes:

<< Can anyone advise me as to whether the lens should be serviced to have
 infinity set to infinity or whether what I have experienced today is
 normal behaviour for this lens.

 John Hudson >>