Re: [OM] Zuiko 35mm vs. Medium Format

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 35mm vs. Medium Format
From: Garry Lewis <glewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:31:50 -0600
>Not so!!!  Medium format lacks the spontaneity of the small format for
>rapidly progressing events (e.g., war journalism, candid photography,
>classic street photography, etc.)

Not so !!! up until the 40's and through the war, these
events were quite well covered by 4x5.
even sports events were regularly shot with Speed and Crown
Graphics with "big Berth" telephoto lens. It was only with
Korea, that the 35mm started its take over of the photo
world as we know it today.

>All of the three formats have their
>strengths and weaknesses and ideally should be used accordingly.

Now that we DO agree upon. Or as one photo magazine writer
once said. " an excellent LF photo will always beat an
excellent small format photo- all things being equal. But a
excellent small format photo will always beat a sloppy LF
photo."

--
I could have had a twin brother, if I would have worked a
little harder on my