Re: [OM] Slide projector advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide projector advice
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 23:38:00 EST
In a message dated 11/22/00 9:04:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, md@xxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:
> I'm leaning toward Kodak or Kinderman, Leica being too pricey.

And now an answer from the low-brow "Peanuts Gallery"...

depending on whether you'll really be willing to drag it out, get out the
screen, can even convince any of the family to sit and look at <goran> family
slides <g>...

you could......
<avoiding all Kodak Carousels as I had two previously and think they are way
overpriced for the quality and ditto on those trays...)

you can go on eBay and get a Bell and Howell AF70 (or silmilar model) with
fixed 90mm lens (on eBay all the time..they're like Fords..lots of 'em sold)
for anywhere from $25 to $50, oftentimes sold with a screen and slide cubes
to boot! The slide cubes are still currently manufactured by several outside
sources and used ones sell cheaply online as well. If it breaks, chuck it and
get another...(I got a spare for $16 last month..just in case...)

as we head into the days of loading our slides and pics on cd-roms for future
viewing (and later smaller digital formats) these albatrosses are probably
gonna sit more and more.(Kinda like when we find a B&H 8mm Movie Projectors
we find in our parent's closets) I figure this way the investment won't hurt
your feelings every time you look at it in the closet...

I may be the Princess of Picky with my cameras, but with a slide projector, I
can settle for less.

Hey...I warned you it was bargain-basement, low-brow.....

Susan Steele
Virginia USA
"Those who cast votes decide nothing, those who count the votes decide
everything."
(Joseph Stalin)