[OM] Pics from my 75/150 Zuiko zoom

Subject: [OM] Pics from my 75/150 Zuiko zoom
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 23:17:20 -0800
To everyone who responded to my earlier enquiry about the focusing of my
75/150 zoom, thank you.

Herewith a couple of uncropped tripod shots I took with my recently
acquired used 75/150 on my OM4T last Sunday afternoon at 5pm here in
Vancouver. The film used was Kodak Portra 400NC and the images are
scanned right off the negatives.

http://jahudson.tripod.com/TEMP/33-400NC.jpg

http://jahudson.tripod.com/TEMP/34-400NC.jpg

I have yet to discover the reason for the flaring seen in one of the two
images. If anyone has any opinions about this please let me know on or
off list. As far as extent to which the lens captured extremely final
detail is concerned I have concluded that my Leica M lenses would have
done no better.

Based on these two images I intend to have the 75/150 fully CLA'ed and
returned to as near pristine new condition as possible. To anyone who
might be contemplating the acquisition of a 75/150 zoom these two images
should be a clear indication of the kind of resolution which can be
expected from this lens.

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC