Re: [OM] Acer Scanwit compatibility Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Acer Scanwit compatibility Question
From: Dylan <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 22:26:43 +1100
Thanks Chris,
I'm not worried about the SCSI voodoo, but the scanner still needs a
driver (either Twain compliant or stand-alone). Vuescan for mac sounds
like it may not be such a great deal, though TIFF output is probably all
I would want given that I can run most of the standard file
manipulations as batch actions from photoshop more easily anyway.
I have found that there is a beta version of the software available for
Macs, so that is worth considering. More of a problem is likely to be
memory - the most I can fit in my old powerbook is 56mb, which is 8 more
than the machine was designed for;-) It runs photoshop 4 sweetly enough,
so unless the Acer software (which reportedly works as a photoshop
plugin) is a real hog it might be alright. I may drop in on one of the
scanner or Mac lists and see if anyone there knows for sure before I
spend all the savings I don't yet have...
Dylan