OT Recounts was: [OM] Slower than snail mail!

Subject: OT Recounts was: [OM] Slower than snail mail!
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 11:55:04 -0500
Does someone want to contact me and educate me as to who pays for the multiple recounts going on? I just returned from Orlando and everyone I asked down there just shrugged their shoulders and admitted they didn't know. The first one should be paid for by the state as it was a mandatory recount. I claimed they were paying for it out of the cost for fuel in the state. I paid ~$1.54/gal for fuel in North Carolina to Georgia, and as high as $1.89 for the same in Florida. (Yes I know we are spoiled in the US)

I don't want to discuss politics, just election law!

Gregg

It went through Florida to be re-counted. (just kidding!)