Re: [OM] Slower than snail mail!

Subject: Re: [OM] Slower than snail mail!
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 11:45:59 -0500
It's not yet cold enough in Canada for the wires to become super conducting. So the molecules are still functioning within the "normal" rules. When things get colder they contract. When the wires get colder it gets harder and becomes slower for e-mail to get through. :-)

It probably has something to do with the routing of your message. I sometimes get the responses to postings before the original message comes through. Then I wonder, what in the world is that all about?

Gregg

On 21 Nov 2000, at 8:13, Chris O'Neill wrote:

> P.S.  This message was sent a 7:53 pm Mountain Daylight Savings
> Time.  I wonder how long it'll take to get back here???

Hrmppph!!!  It arrived back here sometime between 8:30 am and 8:49 am!  So,
it does seem that 12 hrs is the turnaround time for me.  How come?!?!?

Chris

P.S.  Sent at 8:50 am.  (Just one last test, folks!)