[OM] T45 problems

Subject: [OM] T45 problems
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:06:56 +0100
Hi!

I've been rebuilding a battery pack for a T45 with NiMH cells, but I'm
having problems so I'm counting on the List. I never tried the flash with
the old batteries, it was sold (at a bargain price) because of a bad
NiCd-pack.

The flash fires fine, but it takes several seconds to fully recharge the
capacitor. I've got the required voltage on all 5 contacts, but the flash
seems to draw current from only one of the 5 battery clusters. I don't have
a schematic for the T45, so I would like to know if the 5 clusters are
simply paralleled and the current fed into one step-up circuit, or if
there's one step-up for each of the five clusters. If it's the first, it
would simply imply a contact problem, but if it's the latter, then I'm in
real trouble!

I would appreciate it very much if someone could send me the schematic, as
I've talked to my local repairman and he stopped working on these when he
left Olympus years ago, and self-repair seems to be the only option (keep
in mind that I'm in Norway, sending a T45 across the pond and back is
probably not very cost effective....).

Regards,
th-OM-as