Re: [OM] List response times

Subject: Re: [OM] List response times
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 19:39:26 -0800
On 26 Nov 2000, at 17:30, WKato@xxxxxxx wrote:

> <<<: Test. Sent: CET 23:04
> Whoa! Received CET 23:13!
> hnz>>>
>
> I'm not complaining. 9 minutes is much better than next day---I wonder if I
> ever sent that  . . . .

>From what I can tell, 9 minutes is probably the worst it will get, and this is
>only if
you're queued behind one of the slow mail servers. I've noticed there are
several
servers which are always timing out, and the old sendmail system used to wait
for every one during the processing. qmail now splits into 50 separate jobs, so
your chances of avoiding someone else's slow server are pretty good.

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright
(Olympus List Archives)