[OM] Fw: Mike Swaim, I found your post to be good and infromative

Subject: [OM] Fw: Mike Swaim, I found your post to be good and infromative
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 22:23:57 -0600
Dear Mike,

I found your post to be great and informative. Please do not become
discouraged by any future post. I feel you learn off every post, regardless
of what the subject matter may be.

Back in the days when photo journalist shot with Speed Graphic cameras as
one poster put it, large format cameras were the in thing. When 35mm
cameout, it was considered an amateurish camera and the Pro's were reluctant
switch, in a way, just like digital cameras. All newspaper outlets are
switching to digital cameras, if not all, eventually all.

But in conclusion, some post just stir up some good thoughts and opinions.

Speaking of which, the other day I photographed a basketball game with a
Canon 200mm f1.8 auto focus lens(1st time using it) and I struggled with
auto-focus. The lens felt real erratic and IMO was difficult to focus
especially when several bodies are within the same frame, it also seemed to
backfocus a lot. It became a distraction, so I switched the lens to manual
focus.

Auto-focus is not what it's cranked out to be, if you ask any real Pro's
they'll tell you they rarely use it, only under certain conditions.

So you guys need to go out and buy some of the great Olympus glass that's
out there before it dries up....

Take Care,

Sam.....