Re: [OM] Re: Need Help from Canada..(OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Need Help from Canada..(OT)
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:11:23 -0700
At 08:40 PM 11/27/2000 +0000, Lex Jenkins wrote:
>Does Canadian customs open packages?  Perhaps it might help to enclose a note
>saying something like "Hoser, you forgot your camera, eh?  Next time you come
>down to visit us in the states leave something good behind, like a case of
>Molsons."
>
>Surely customs wouldn't gig you for something that isn't even a gift, but
>merely property being returned.  ~$^)

I reiterate, this is the *Canadian government* we're talking about.  Y'know,
the one whose motto is "We never met a transaction we couldn't tax, or a
citizen's pocket we couldn't pick."  The onus on you is to prove that it's
returned property -- supposedly, you're required to contact 'em beforehand,
fill out forms, blah blah blah.

Garth

P.S.:  Besides, they'd know it was fake if you said "leave something good
behind, like a case of Molsons."  Molsons is crap.  Now, Big Rock or Granville
Island, on the other hand, THAT'S beer!  ;-)